Thursday, March 17, 2011

"Arise...and go."

I'm so excited yall...and I need SOMEBODY to be excited with me on this.  I'll try to keep it short and to the point if you PROMISE to jump up and down and say "Amen!"  See, I called my dad this morning after my quiet time and told him what God's spoken to me, and dad in his infinite wisdom said, "yep, that's cool."  Mr. Smarty Pants already was aware of the revelation that seemed brand new to me, so he wasn't as excited. I need you to (even if it's old news to you) to finish with me and say AMEN.  :)


"And the word of the LORD came to Elijah: Depart from here and    
turn eastward and hide yourself by the brook Cherith, which is east   
of the Jordan. You shall drink from the brook and I have commanded
the ravens to feed you there."
-1Kings 17:2-4

First that just jumped out at me that when God sent Elijah, He'd already planned out how Elijah would be taken care of. So neat!  And THEN...God sends RAVENS to carry "meat and bread in the morning and evening" (vs. 6).  How creative of God is that?? Seriously. Ok, moving forward..

         
                       "Then the brook dried up because there was no rain in the land..."      

        
That same brook where God had commanded Elijah to go and where He had so creatively provided food and shelter DRIED UP because of a drought. So what does God do next with Elijah?                

   "Then the word of the LORD came to Elijah: ARISE and go to Zarepath, which belongs to Sidon, and dwell there. Behold I have commanded a widow there to feed you."


                           Recap:  God sends Elijah away from home in the beginning and Scripture shows that God had a plan from the get-go to provide when Elijah arrived. THEN the brook dried up because of drought and God send Elijah packing again; and again, God included in His instructions to Elijah how he would be taken care of (..."I have commanded a widow there to feed you.") 

LIFE APPLICATION:   How many of us as Christians (this includes you and me) when we are in a thriving ministry, church or relationship/friendship assume that when the "brook dries up" that God just stopped being faithful and isn't providing any more? A drought doesn't have to be a sign of God's unfaithfulness but rather a sign to "Arise and go" on to the next location of His provision!

You see, if you're anything like me, you may want to sit by that dried up ol' brook where God once richly provided and then be soooo upset with Him because that brook won't flow. But actually, God has fore-ordained provision at the new destination you refuse to follow Him to. I love that God said to Elijah "ARISE and go..."   Maybe you're sitting by that dryied up brook begging God to provide for ou right there again, but God is saying ARISE up off your butt and go.....

2 comments:

  1. Yep, that's cool.

    No, really. That's a great revelation! Don't leave us though, please?

    David

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great word Jordan. That does excite me. Thank you and God bless you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete