Sunday, December 12, 2010

Doing The Thing

Good day to you, my wonderful friends!  God and I are about to go through a new thing together, and my anticipation is growing by the minute.  Facebook has become a dear and near companion to me, and sadly I am all-too-quick to take my thoughts to people's Walls than to the throne of Grace.  Prayer has been replaced by a more popular means of communication.  The thing that is satisfying about facebook is the IMMEDIATE responses.  Often prayer can seem discouraging because we don't seem to get that rapid notification when we have something to say.  But I am willing to stake my life on the statement that if I take my every "status" to God's throne rather than my friend's Walls, my faith is going to sky-rocket and break the dependency for people to respond to what I had for lunch that day. 

Spending a minimum of 30 minutes a day in prayer, spending time daily in the Word, and abstaining from social networking is going to force me to stretch my communication habits and turn them to a big God.  Pray for me throughout this journey, and I will pray for you that God will beckon you to steal away with Him and fall in love all over again. I don't know about you, but in my Brideship with Christ, I could use some fresh romance. And what better way to improve this Heaven-instigated courtship than with exclusive time together?  I agree with you, nothing. 

Love you all. See you next blog.
Keep doin' the walk.
-Jordan

1 comment:

  1. You have a good point. I need to drop something to get more to God myself. My passion is all but gone. I think I'll go pray about that now. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete