Thursday, December 16, 2010

Continuing the Facebook fast

Well, I know readers are sparse right now on this grand ol' blog. And that's okay. I'd sure like a shout-out from you that are reading though, feel free to comment and discuss whatever topics are at hand!

I'm about 5 days into my 40 day withdrawal from Facebook. You can read my previous post for the reason.  :)    But yes, I am experiencing a blessing already from the prioritizing of my time.  And, I've been less distracted during my school-work time because I don't have the option of getting bored with my reading assignments and taking a "break" to update my status. lol. 
Trying to get all my gym time crammed in this week, because next week i'll be at my folk's house and there is no chance to burn off pesky holiday calories. 

So for any and all my awesome friends that are reading right now, let me throw this out there:  there is a blog community project on Beth Moore's blog where you go and buy a spiral of index cards and memorize two scriptures per month, for a yearly total of 24 verses.  I'm choosing to participate. Are you interested in joining me in accountability? You can post your verses and updates on Beth's blog (google the address), and we can also keep each other up to date with out progress here on this blog.  Interested?  Post your feedback here and let me know. I'm starting January 1st. Haven't decided which verses to start with. But I'm excited!!!  Scripture memory is one of my favorite past-times and disciplines of the faith. It is so empowering.  Even if you don't want to participate here on my blog, i do very much encourage you to go to Beth's and join the community. It's going to be fun stuff.

Well hey, later taters. See you all on FB come January 21st.
keep doin' the walk

No comments:

Post a Comment