Friday, November 12, 2010

He's after me!



I'm sorry for the spurt of absence! In case anyone actually reads these blogs, I do actually try to stay faithful in posting. 
I Love Lucy is glowing on the TV above the fireplace, the hardwood floors are cold through my socks when I walk around the house.  It's time for some reading and a cup of hot chocolate (I'm visiting my parents' house, and they are the only people on the planet who don't have a coffee maker).  I feel like I've been in rehab this week, detoxing slowly and painfully off of caffeine.  The whole family just left the house for the weekend, so I'm in a quiet house for a few day.  And isn't that just like God? 

You see, I've felt Him beckoning me to Himself for a few days now, and I just have not set time aside to meet with Him and find out what He's up to.  I know, I know, that sounds awful.  But the thing is, I feel Him beckoning me to Himself because there's work to do.  There are things in my heart that I feel Him trying to bring to the surface and deal with, and when I feel that coming, it's easy to find oneself too busy to slow down.  But now, oh alas, the family is gone, and I don't have neeeear enough homework to last me the whole weekend. I'll likely be done by noon today.  So, what am I going to do?  I'm going to let Him tackle me today.  I've appointed time today to sit down and just let Him bring out the good, bad, and ugly, to heal me from the inside out. 

Now, my friend, my reader, here's what I want to leave you with.  is there something you know God has been wanting to surface and deal with in your life?  Have you ever been through a time where you avoided God?  has there ever been a time when you avoided Him and then it paid off to let Him catch you?  Tell me about it.  I'd love to hear your fugitive stories!  They may just be what someone else needs to hear...or even, what yours truly needs to hear.  :)  Comment below my sisters and brothers. Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment